Friday, March 28, 2014

Blenderized Diet Forum

This post is for tubies and tubie caregivers ONLY!!! There isn't anybody else reading this, right? Good!! Because those non-tubies are losers!! Always walking around with their smooth stomachs and food in their mouths. "OOOH! I don't have a tube! La De Da!!"

I'm writing this to strongly urge everyone on a blended diet or considering a blended diet to utilize the http://www.foodfortubies.org forum. I know there's a Blenderized Food For Tubies facebook page and people are very good about answering your concerns on facebook. However, it's impossible to search the history of past questions on facebook. So, similar issues end up getting raised over and over. 

Also, whenever you have a question on facebook, you have to post your message, then there's some lag time--sometimes a few minutes and sometimes a few hours--before one of the group administrators posts your question to the general board. Not only that, but facebook is not anonymous. You might think it's anonymous because the group administrators just posts your initials when they share your question. But, it's easy enough to look at Recent Posts by Others and figure out who said what. 

On the forum, however, you can be anonymous. You can create your own username; whatever you want. This way, you can share every aspect of your problems with people who've been in your shoes. You want to talk about drooling or pooping? Go right ahead! Actually, I talk about drooling and pooping here on a public blog so this may not apply to me, but I know there are plenty of others--especially parents of little tubies--who value their anonymity.

You may feel that the forum isn't frequented enough, so your issue may not get the attention it would normally receive on facebook. However, the foodfortubies administrators have assured me that they are making a special effort to stay on the site. They're just waiting for someone to talk to!!

So, please create a username and password on the foodfortubies forum and introduce yourself, so I'm not the only schmuck with an intro!! Also, please let the administrators know how they can make any improvements to the forum. I know they'd love to hear from you!

Sorry, I know this post doesn't have my usual complement of pictures and witty observations. I'm actually in Colorado this week for the Disabled American Veteran Winter Sports Clinic. I'll have plenty more to say about that. For now, here's a picture of me and Adam Sandler.


2 comments:

  1. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? phenq dubai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked the blended diet forum and it looks like there hasn't been any activity for months. I had high hopes for the forum when I originally wrote this post but it seems like everyone uses the various tube feeding Facebook groups. If you can get on Facebook, try Blenderized RN, or Feeding Tube Awareness, or Adult GTube Feeding, or Adult Tubies, or Blenderized Food For Tubies. If you can't access Facebook, maybe try the Oral Cancer Foundation's forum? They're pretty active and can answer questions about tube feeding. Hope that helps!

      Delete