Saturday, July 19, 2014

Tubie Log - Day 14

What day is this? Friday? Saturday?

How long have I been here? Weeks? Months?

What does my dog look like?

Oh that's what he looks like. But what's that white stuff?


Every day is the same. Partly cloudy...high of 87°...chance for afternoon showers...I could be a weatherman here. Might as well. I'm never leaving this island. 

I've depleted my supply of Real Food Blends. A fellow tubie here, Jesse Jones, has been kind enough to give me some RFB's and Liquid Hope to last a few more days. Liquid Hope is nice because it has more adult size portions, though the chickpeas give me eczema. What will I do if I run out of food? The Asian kid traveling with me looks tasty. She might fit in my Vitamix. Wait...did I just type that out loud?

Gluten free?


The locals are starting to recognize us now. Cute Chinese kid. Twenty-something wife with an older gentleman dragging a blender everywhere. The one who drinks Mai Tai's in 5 seconds down a feeding tube.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh....relief from my misery...


Went to another role call this morning. This one was to Oklahoma. Every time, we have to pack all our stuff, change into long pants with socks and shoes, and sit in the terminal while a bored enlisted guy reads out the names of those who've been 'chosen'. 


If there's only one seat left, I'm leaving them. I wouldn't say it to their faces, but I can admit it here in my private diary.


The chosen ones don't look much different from me. A few desperate families ecstatic about being picked while the rest of the crowd looks on enviously. Unkind thoughts flit through my mind. 

Those two don't deserve to get on. They look far too happy. They haven't suffered enough to merit a slot out of here. Can Grace take them out and make it look like an accident?

That couple has 5 kids. Five bratty, snot-nosed kids just took our coveted seats to freedom. Are they not aware of over-population issues? Ever hear about birth-control?

I don't think that old guy's gonna make it to the aircraft. If I scare him really bad, could I induce a heart attack and take his spot?

I'm in a group of about 50 people. There're around 150 who want off the island, but we're the only ones foolish enough to believe we have a shot. We stare morosely into empty space, wondering where we'll stay tonight. When is the next flight? Can we squeeze one more night out of this hotel or will we have to find another one? How can we go another day in that tiny, economy rent-a-car, sleeping on a strange bed, pulling my blender around from meal to meal.

A no-notice flight to CA just got announced. Time for a little more disappointment.

Then I'll drown my sorrows in a Mai Tai on the beach. It's a tough life. Not sure how much more I can take...


I know you feel our pain.


We may just walk in the ocean and keep on walking.


We're unwashed and stinky, but at least we're stinky together.




1 comment: