Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Fulton's Crab House

On our last night in Orlando, we all went out to eat in Downtown Disney. In case you didn't know, Downtown Disney is an area of shops, restaurants and clubs near the Disney parks. It is Disney World's attempt to keep the tourists spending their money on all things Disney every minute they're in Orlando. So, not only are you blowing your money on hotel rooms, parking, Magic Kingdom passes, lunch and snacks; you can also bring the kids to Downtown Disney after hitting the parks for Cirque du Soleil, the Lego Imagination Center, and dinner at the Rainforest Cafe.

Kerrie and Betsy discovered they have something in common. They are both CRAZY about crab legs. I wrote about Betsy's obsession with crab legs in another post (link). Kerrie is about that bad--maybe a little worse. So, we decided to go to a crab leg mecca in Downtown Disney: Fulton's Crab House.



It's on a boat...how clever

It was such a lovely dinner. Matt's kids and Grace played quietly down at one end of the table while the adults could enjoy cocktails and talk at the other end. Or maybe the kids weren't at our table at all. I lost track of them but I'm sure they were fine.


I had a drink called the "Category Five." Then Betsy drank it.


I fully intended to get nice and tipsy during the meal, but for once Betsy decided I should be the responsible one that night. She finished off her martini, then proceeded to drink some of my "Category Five." Not sure what was in that thing, but by the end of the night my wife was singing loudly with a saxophone street performer playing "Billie Jean."

Then we got to the meal and Betsy and Kerrie tuned the men out as they attacked the poor crustaceans with gusto.


These innocent morsels never knew what hit them.


On the surface, Kerrie appeared to be enjoying her meal and politely devouring her crab legs:

"Om Nom Nom Nom"

But, if you look a little closer at her face, you'll notice something fascinating:


The Zombie Apocalypse has begun!!




I really loved this restaurant and wanted to give it a special mention on my blog because the chefs were so amazing to me. When I ordered my meal, THREE chefs came out to ask me about my feeding tube, the Vitamix, and make doubly sure they knew how to blend up the food the way I needed it.

Fulton's chefs are the best chefs

Fulton's bent over backward for me. The food was excellent. The service was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a nicer family to share this dinner with. It was the perfect end to an awesome vacation. It's always a little bittersweet to talk with friends I knew before cancer. It reminds me of all the things I've lost, physically. But at the same time, it brings back memories of happier times and assures me that no matter how crazy my life gets and how much crap I go through, good friends will always be there to listen to me, to support me, and to punch me in the balls when I get too full of myself.

Cheers, Dunker's!!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time, Brian! One of these days we will have to reunite, though maybe we can all just get shakes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shakes would be awesome! Preferably nothing cold until the weather warms up a bit. Hope to see you and your family soon!!!

      Delete