Monday, April 6, 2015

We got interviewed!

Jeff Haugh, one of the founders of Team R4V, the organization that sponsored our trip to Snowmass this year, was interviewed on a new podcast called "Beer 30" (sounds like my kind of podcast) earlier this year. Here's a link: http://beer30.podomatic.com/entry/2015-01-16T14_38_37-08_00. If you have 37 minutes to spare, you should check it out; Jeff's story is really interesting/inspiring. Pay no attention to the picture depicting someone with Muscular Dystrophy. Jeff has Multiple Sclerosis, so I think they confused the two. Despite this faux pas, it's a great interview!

While we were at the Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic in Snowmass, CO, last week, we reconnected with Jeff and he introduced me to Joel Hunt, one of the guys who does "Beer 30." Joel is a paralympian alpine skier and purple heart recipient. I'm sure he has a fascinating story himself, but I selfishly only talked about my own story with Joel because he decided to put Betsy and I on his podcast too!

I've been interviewed for newspaper articles and for radio segments, but this was my first podcast. Feel free to have a listen if you like: http://beer30.podomatic.com/entry/2015-04-01T18_31_28-07_00. I must admit that I cringed listening to it. For one thing, it's a little hard to understand me. For another, my voice sounds pretty weak. You know how when you listen to a recording of yourself and think, "THAT'S how I sound??? I never imagined my voice sounded like that!!"? Well, hearing myself on that podcast is that times 1,000. I'm higher pitched and have trouble enunciating my words with occasional drool thrown in. So while inwardly, I believe I sound suave and sophisticated when I speak, the reality is that my voice resembles Beaker's.

"Meep, Meep, tubie, Meep, Meep!"


Or sort of like the Office Space stapler guy?


"Excuse me. I believe you have my stapler."


But anyway, feel free to listen to the interview if you have 30 minutes to spare after you've listened to Jeff's interview. I think Betsy's voice makes up for my 'meeping.' We threw in some good plugs for Team R4V, but I regret that I wasn't able to segue the conversation into talking about Real Food Blends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment