Saturday, May 11, 2013

Altruda's Italian Restaurant

Betsy started out this Mother's Day eve by running the Mudder's Day 5k in Maryville, TN.  In case you don't know, a Mudder run is like a regular race, only you get to go through obstacles and crawl in the mud. So, I'd imagine that when the Mudder was invented, some guy was running his hundredth marathon backwards, blindfolded, on his knuckles and he thought to himself, "Man, this sucks...wouldn't it be awesome if it sucked...even more?" That's probably where they came up with the ultra-marathon too.

"I'm so happy right now!"
Kids these days.
Best. First date. Ever.

Back in my day, we just ran on the pavement from point A to Point B, and we liked it!!

Anyway, Betsy did a great job and Grace and I are very proud of her.
Betsy after the event with some friends of ours

After the race, Betsy took a shower and a long nap, and I supported her by also taking a nap.

Then we decided to go out to Betsy's favorite Italian restaurant here in Knoxville, Altruda's. I haven't eaten there with my blender before so we called ahead, and the owner told us it would be no problem and to ask for him, Paul, when we got there. When we arrived, one of his managers, Tony, acted as our waiter and the service was EXCELLENT!!
Paul, the owner, is in the center and Tony is on the left

I can't say enough good things about Altruda's! Betsy loves their garlic rolls and salads. The staff were all very professional and completely supportive of how I eat. The only problem is that it may not be the best restaurant if you're going gluten free. Everything was breaded and/or came with pasta (but it's an Italian-American restaurant, so what do you expect?). I had chicken and a salad. I could only find a couple meals that appeared gluten free.
Crazy face
Me, Tony, and my dinner
I was so stuffed afterward!!! After a rough day cheering on Betsy, napping intensively, and eating a huge meal I'm ready for bed.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brian! Just stopping by to check out your blog. I love the picture at the top-- is that Betsy in the mud? Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, just a picture I pulled off the web. That would be funny though!

    ReplyDelete